We offer two versions of RATS: the standard version, simply called RATS, and an enhanced version that we call RATS Professional.
The two versions are identical in most respects, including interface, execution speed, memory handling, and general capabilities.
However, the Professional version adds the following features not found in the Standard version:
- Includes a 64-bit version for use with 64-bit operating systems.
- Support for reading databases via ODBC/SQL
- An additional instruction (called X11) implementing the Census Bureau's X11/X12-ARIMA seasonal adjustment routines.
- Support for reading and writing FAME data files (requires FAME software)
- Support for reading CRSP data files
- Direct access to the FRED database via an internet connection.
- Support for reading and writing Haver DLX format data files